Friday, July 30, 2004

Lunch and Weekend.....

uhuuuuhuhuhu.... I had a big lunch... though I have promised myself to try and reduce my meal servings... the dishes were good though... buffet lunch at the campus' restaurant... I love the fishball soup (should have been served with noodle, but I took only the fishball :P) and the chapati and beef curry.... yummmyy.... we sat with 2 of my kangmas' friends -elsa and albert-... they're fun...

then, a long weekend is coming: saturday, sunday, monday, tuesday.... awwww... i love it.... we cancelled the plan to go out of town as a farewell trip for elsa... because the place is fully booked and the rental of the tent has gone skyrocketing.... from 300 B/ night to 700 B... instead we'll go cruising along the Chao Phraya river on monday... the ship (or maybe boat?) will not be as big as the one we went on for a dinner with my kangmas' parents and sis last month... it might be exciting, though ... it'll be an international team :D elsa is from france, albert's a filipino, hall's a thai, olivier's a belgian....

now I remember, the first time I took a water transportation vehicle was on 1993 (or was it 94), I took a ferry from Java island to Bali island. It was only few days after a tsunami hit that area.... and I could not swim at all by then (I can now, though not so well).... gosh... it was scary.... we arrived at the port (at Java's side, I forget what's the name) at 22.00 and because it was also a peak season, we could board the ferry only at 07.00 in the morning... so we spent time sleeping in the bus or looking around. There were many vendors selling snacks and the local liquor (made of coconut juice) and brem (kind of snack made of fermented cassava, the consumption of which is believed to be able to reduce pimples, I need that.... :P). Then on the ferry, the waves were a bit strong.... so the ferry was swaying...

But nothing happened.. now I'm not that scared to take boat or ship to travel... though I'm still afraid of the water... it's so scary to be drowned...... ugh... don't wanna think about it now... I'll just go home early today, reading some works while waiting for the evening sport with my kangmas....

then tomorrow I'll see tante Ria and her hubby.... exciting! :D

1 comment:

teano said...

tin..kok ketakutan kita sama yah, aku juga pernah takut banget ama laut, ama sungai2 yang dalam...phobia kli yah...heheheh...sampe ketemu besok tante ^_^