Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Counting down to our 2nd son's birth

Just would like to record how it feels and what happens

Compared to Tio's birth, this time around there are more of the preparations and apprehension. Tio's birth was scheduled on 11 June, but when I went to the hospital to check about the spotting I experienced on the night of 5 June, I was immediately told to have the operation that morning. This time, we are looking at the date 16 October, planning and worrying about what will happen, what arrangement will be best for Tio, how we will cope with the 4 days of me being away from him. As for me, knowing what to expect (the procedure before the operation, the operation itself and what follows) somehow makes me more apprehensive.... when I gave birth to Tio, I had read a lot about it beforehand, but nothing compares to experience the process itself.

We've got a new fulltime helper in mid of Sept. It was good that my previous helper (part time) asked to resign as she found a new job then. It gave time for Tio to know our new helper better. She's good with him and they clicked. Though Tio still doesn't let anyone else but me to dress him up, help him showering and he still asks me to bring him to school (with our helper alongside him, as he's fond of riding his own bike, and rides it so fast too, and I cannot catch up with him anymore during these last few months). But Tio doesn't mind being picked up from school by her alone. She let him ride his bike fast and she does not scold him as much as his mom does :D guess he may even be happier when mom's not picking him up. I'm also happy with her work around the house. Coming from me, a very picky "madam", it's a high compliment :)

We started preparing clothes etc. since mid of Sept too, as we also moved house on 6 Sept and had to fix things etc. after that. But I got less time to read and find more info about what to prepare etc. Actually I got time, but I also want to catch up with my reading (plan to finish reading Harry Potter the series :D but still stuck at the Order of the Phoenix) and watching Desperate Housewives (finished watching Season 6) and Twilight 1 & 2. I also want to spend some time with Papa :) as maybe we won't have much time alone after this.

Tio's been having cold and cough and last week discharge in the eyes, on and off, since he started school. It's rather hard on him and on us too and we're also worried that his brother may catch some of it from Tio. But we can worry about it later.

Papa had some early baby blues, he's worried about me and about Tio. Somehow I got upset when he told me about this, maybe because it made my worries became more real. I know I shouldn't have and I have to try and be a better wife for him, as he's a perfect husband to me. I'm so thankful of having him beside me. And Tio too, he's a very good son, though I sometimes got so irritated with him for the smallest reasons, but he's always being very good. I love you both so much.

So, most probably I'll go to the hospital by myself (paperworks have been taken care of during our last visit last Sunday) while Tio and papa will follow after lunch. As the operation is scheduled at 12.30.

Keep on counting down .... :)

No comments: