Friday, August 13, 2004

Love and hatred

People say "antara cinta dan benci batasnya cuma setipis sehelai rambut".

Mostly it is said when someone hates another person of the opposite sex. For some cases it's true. I know couples who really hated each other when they first met. But then gradually (= it takes time) they become attached to each other. Opposite attracts? So hatred can turn into love but it takes time.

Does it go also for the reverse? If we love someone, can it also turn into hatred? I'd say yes...

I saw some examples already... couples who hate each other .... sometimes I wonder (and get frightened afterwards) did they never love each other at all? I'm sure they did love each other... otherwise they would not have gotten married at the first place...

It also happens between parents-children or relatives by blood or best friends....

Does it always take a traumatic hurt to turn love into hatred? Extremely harsh words said in a fight?

Or can it happen because of small small heartaches that accumulate throughout the relationship?

How can we hinder it?

Can we really forgive and forget?

What is it exactly that we mean by forgive and forget?

- sorry, I can only ask questions, coz I really don't know the answer -

No comments: